League Park began as a wooden structure with a National League team in 1891. Although the Cleveland Spiders National League franchise would fold up after scandal baseball continued with the advent of a new American League team in 1901.
In 1910 the old wooden structure was replaced with a new concrete and steal park. Seating capacity was doubled. The ballpark was renamed Dunn Field in honor of the team owner. The modern era baseball had arrived in Cleveland.